Roadshow: Switzerland’s contributions to the Venice Architecture Biennale 2018
When: Tuesday 27 March 2018, at 7.30 pm
Where: Teatro dell’architettura, Via Turconi 25, Mendrisio
What: The Academy of Architecture in Mendrisio, Pro Helvetia and the Ticino section of SIA (Swiss society of engineers and architects) are pleased to invite you to take part in a discussion about the Swiss Pavilion at the 16th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia.
The Swiss contribution to the Architecture Biennale is considered one of the most important initiatives in the field of contemporary culture and building construction. For the first time this year, Pro Helvetia selected a project based on an open call of 81 architectural submissions.
Pro Helvetia and SIA will present and discuss «Svizzera 240: House Tour» – the nominated project, which looks at contemporary housing – in a roadshow across Switzerland. After events in Basel and Lausanne, we will visit Mendrisio next. The event is free and open to all.
- Architects of «Svizzera 240: House Tour» Alessandro Bosshard and Matthew van der Ploeg;
- Riccardo Blumer, Director of the Mendrisio Academy of Architecture;
- Stefano Tibiletti, Vice- Presidente at SIA Ticino;
- Francesco Buzzi, President at FAS Ticino and owner of Buzzi architectural studio in Locarno; and
- Marianne Burki, Head of Visual Arts at Pro Helvetia.