«Swiss Performance» is more than an annual ‘best-of‘ with respect to Swiss architecture. This special edition of archithese explores the potential of photographing architecture: supported by Pro Helvetia in connection with the promotion of aspiring photographers, eight young and talented photographers have taken their cameras to offer their personal and artistic interpretation of the projects selected by the editors of archithese.
An exhibition of their photos will be on display from 5 to 15 April 2018 in the Zurich Architekturforum. It forms the backdrop to a round table debate on the role of photography in architectural discourse, led by the editor-in-chief of archithese Jørg Himmelreich with J. Christoph Bürkle, Quentin Lacombe, Marianne Müller, Stefano Stoll and Evert Ypma.
With images from:
- Robin Bervini, Chiasso – Origen theatre tower at the Julier Pass, by Giovanni Netzer / Walter Bieler
- Aglaia Brändli, Zurich – Ballet Mécanique in Zurich by Manuel Herz
- Arunà Canevascini, Fribourg – Residential house in Zurich-Wiedikon, by Demuth Hagenmüller & Lamprecht
- Valentin Faure, Le Locle – Residential tower block in Winterthur, by wild bär heule
- Quentin Lacombe, Lausanne – Reconstruction of a residential house in Brugg, by Wülser Bechtel Architekten
- Clément Lambelet, Collex-Bossy – 56 Leonard Street in New York, by Herzog & de Meuron
- Mathilda Olmi, Lausanne – Orenberg estate, by BDE Architekten
- Manon Wertenbroek, Chexbres – Headquarters of Swiss Re in Zurich, by Diener & Diener