Director of the Sélection suisse en Avignon
The third «Sélection suisse en Avignon (SCH)» – the Swiss selection for Avignon Festival – is now known. The SCH artistic management has selected the following projects for 2018:
- «These Are My Principles… If you don’t like them I have others» by Phil Hayes (performance)
- «Quitter la Terre» by SNAUT/Joël Maillard (theatre)
- «Hocus Pocus» by Cie Philippe Saire (dance for young audience)
- «Knusa / Insert Coins» by Cie Greffe/Cindy Van Acker & Christian Lutz (dance, photography).
These companies will perform during the Festival OFF at Avignon between 6 and 24 July 2018. In addition, the SCH supports two participations of the following artists:
- Latifa Djerbi in «Les Intrépides» (lecture), on the programme of the SACD – Société des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques
- Pierre Mifsud in collaboration with Thierry Balasse in the frame of «Les Sujets à vif» (theatre, music), on the programme of the Festival d’Avignon and of the SACD.
Finally, in partnership with Les Rencontres d’Arles, in the frame of the Grand Arles Express, the exhibition «Anatomie du pouvoir» (photography) by Christian Lutz is on show at the Collection Lambert from 3 July to 4 November 2018.
Every year nearly three thousand directors and programmers of theatres and festivals from around the world come to the Avignon Festival on the lookout for new additions for their programmes. Thanks to the «Sélection suisse», Swiss artists and performers will benefit from a personalised accompaniment that will generate contacts and tours within the framework of France’s cultural network.
The «Sélection suisse en Avignon» is a joint project of Corodis – The Commission for the diffusion of cultural events in French speaking Switzerland – and of Pro Helvetia. More information: selectionsuisse.ch
(Photo: Phil Hayes, «These Are My Principles… If you don’t like them I have others» © Niklaus Spoerri)