Call for Applications
A second call for «Intercultural Tandem» projects (the last one for the time being) will be launched in September 2019, subject to the same conditions.
Submission deadline: 15 December 2019
In connection with its «Intercultural Society» initiative, Pro Helvetia launched a call for projects relating to intercultural opening at cultural institutions under the heading «Intercultural Tandem». In a first round of jury decisions, 7 projects were chosen for support.
The aim of «Intercultural Tandem » is to foster tandems consisting of cultural institutions on the one hand and experts in diversity on the other. The call for projects was addressed to subsidised Swiss cultural institutions and organisations who are keen to develop internal intercultural competencies and are willing to work with external experts to achieve this. Interested institutions were thus able to apply for a contribution towards the costs a mandated specialist or specialised organisation that has the expertise required for the development of intercultural approaches.
A jury appointed by Pro Helvetia assessed the 14 applications received.
- Sandro Cattacin, Professor of Sociology at the University of Geneva
- Anja Dirks, Director of Belluard Festival in Fribourg
- Felicity Lunn, member of the Committee of Experts, Director and Curator at Centre Pasquart Biel
- Melinda Nadj Abondji, author, text performer, musician
- Ivana Pilić, cultural practitioner and diversity consultant, Brunnenpassage, Vienna
- Regula Düggelin, Chairwoman of «Intercultural Society» initiative, Pro Helvetia (without voting right)
At the jury’s recommendation, Pro Helvetia awards 7 contributions:
- CHF 15,000 to the Zürcher Theater Spektakel festival, Zurich: Migration am Zürcher Theater Spektakel
- CHF 15,000 to About Us! – Zürich Interkulturell, Zurich: Tandem Interkultur
- CHF 15,000 to Radio Lora, Zürich: INSELWELT LORA MUSIC
- CHF 15,000 to Kaserne Basel and Literaturhaus Basel, Basel: Atelier Neue Schweiz (AT)
- CHF 15,000 to CHOLLERHALLE Zug, Zug: Chollerhalle Interkulturell
- CHF 12,000 to Gessnerallee, Zurich: Neuausrichtung Gessnerallee als Theater der Zukunft
- CHF 6,500 to Literaturhaus Museumsgesellschaft, Zurich: Literatur und Interkulturalität – interkulturelle Literatur