Results of «Tandem Diversity» 2022
Digital info event
1 March 2023
11.30 to 12.15 ➜ in German
14.00 to 14.45 ➜ in French
We will be happy to answer your questions during the info event in all national languages as well as in English.
Registration by mail to email@example.com
In the context of its activities around the topic «Diversity and Equality in the Cultural Sector», last year the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia launched the call for applications «Tandem Diversity». The aim of this call is to provide cultural organisations with an opportunity to examine their structures and make them more diversity-oriented.
The selected cultural organisations work in tandem with diversity experts of their choice. This way, they receive additional resources, improve their skills, and develop methods to improve diversity and equality in their operational structures – at the same time, they can test sustainable diversity measures. An external jury of experts assessed the 13 applications received.
On the recommendation of the jury, Pro Helvetia has awarded 7 grants:
- to Espace Culturel Le Nouveau Monde, Fribourg (CHF 31,000)
- to IG Rote Fabrik, Zurich (CHF 50,000)
- to Helmhaus Zurich (CHF 40,000)
- to Jazzwerkstatt Bern (CHF 12,000)
- to Kaskadenkondensator (KASKO), Basel (CHF 30,000)
- to Museum im Lagerhaus, St. Gallen (CHF 50,000)
- to Schauspielhaus Zurich (CHF 50’000)
The prerequisite for financial support was participation in the workshop organised by Pro Helvetia on the topic of «Diversity processes in cultural institutions». The two-day workshop will take place again this year on 6 – 7 June 2023.
A variety of organisations of different sizes and operational structures come to the workshop from different parts of Switzerland as representatives of many artistic disciplines.
The following organisations participated in the 2022 workshop:
- Espace Culturel Le Nouveau Monde, Fribourg
- IG Rote Fabrik, Zurich
- Jazzwerkstatt Bern
- KASKO, project space for contemporary art, performance and mediation, Basel
- Collective Frei_Raum, Bern
- MASI Lugano
- Museum im Lagerhaus, St. Gallen
- oxyd art spaces, Winterthur
- Schauspielhaus Zurich
- Tanzhaus Zurich
- Theatre Basel
- Stadelhofen Theatre, Zurich
The jury consisted of:
Miriam Camara, diversity consultant, founder and managing director of akoma coaching & consulting, Berlin.
Kijan Espahangizi, historian, co-founder and board member of INES (Institut Neue Schweiz), Basel and member of the German Council for Migration
Ivana Pilić, diversity consultant, cultural scientist and curator of D/Arts – Projektbüro für Diversität und urbanen Dialog, Vienna
Lisa Pedicino, Innovation & Society Specialist, Pro Helvetia, Chair (without voting rights)