T +41 44 267 71 28
T +41 44 267 71 51
In the age of digitalisation, traditional boundaries between the arts disciplines are becoming increasingly blurred and in some cases disappearing entirely, opening the way for new artistic formats. With its «Mobile. In Touch with Digital Creation» programme, Pro Helvetia is giving new impetus to Swiss art work in connection with interactive digital media.
What impact does the omnipresence of mobile devices have on artistic creation? What new forms of expression does it generate? «Mobile. In Touch with Digital Creation» aims to foster the emergence of Swiss artists who work with these new technologies in a creative way and to raise public awareness of the digital arts scene.
|Budget||CHF 1,8 million|
|Projects||3 calls for projects, 2 festivals, 2 expostions, 20 conferences and other events|
Three forms of support can currently be applied for:
- «Call for Transmedia Projects», launched by Pro Helvetia in autumn 2013 in collaboration with the Federal Office of Culture, and implemented together with the Solothurner Filmtage festival and FOCAL (Foundation for professional training in cinema and audiovisual media);
- «Call for Projects: Swiss Games», launched in 2014, aimed at Swiss video game developers;
- Residency at the prestigious European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva;
In cooperation with relevant Swiss and international partners, we also support a selection of platforms promoting creative work and exchange in the field: the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, FMX (Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Transmedia) in Stuttgart, and the Tokyo Game Show.
- Federal Office of Culture
- City of Zurich
- «Solothurner Filmtage» festival
- Fondation de formation continue pour le cinéma et l’audiovisuel (Focal)
- «Tous Ecrans» festival
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Lift Conference
- Haute école d’art et du design (HEAD) Geneva
- Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
- Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Open Data Foundation
Game Developers Conference 2016 – Video
“Game industry is arts promotion, education promotion but also business promotion”
Sophie Lamparter, Associate director, swissnex San Francisco.
Take a look back at the 2016 edition of the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco and watch swissnex’s video about the Swiss game industry and its developers.
Swiss presence at the 2016 GDC supported by swissnex San Francisco, Swiss Business Hub, Greater Zurich Area and Pro Helvetia.