Literature & Society
+41 44 267 71 85
In addition to residencies for Swiss artists in the regions of Pro Helvetia’s liaison offices, the Art Council’s literature section offers Swiss authors and translators the possibility of a residency in one of the following countries or regions: Germany, France Austria, Southeast Europe, the USA and India. In cooperation with various partners, we enable a stay of between four to ten weeks. Eligible for such a residency are cross-regionally acknowledged authors and translators from any of Switzerland’s four linguistic regions.
Please submit your application for one of the following residencies directly with us, also stating your destination of choice and the requested residency period.
- Writer in Residence Programmes in Southeast Europe (Belgrade, Novo Mesto, Prishtina, Sarajevo, Skopje, Split, Tirana)
- Deutsches Haus, New York, Manhattan
- Ledig House, New York, Ghent
- Sangam House, India, Bangalore
For the following residencies, please apply directly at our respective partner organisation:
- Literaturhaus Niederösterreich, call for applications each year in September.
Applications are to be submitted via AdS.
- Literarisches Colloquium Berlin, residencies for emerging writers up to age 35, call for applications each year in November via this link.
- Übersetzerhaus Straelen, residencies for Swiss translators and for translators of Swiss literature. Applications possible on an ongoing basis via this link.
- Residency for translators at the Collège international des traducteurs littéraires à Arles. Applications can be submitted at any time via this link.