As part of its message on culture, every four years parliament allocates a global budget to Pro Helvetia. For the period 2016-2020 (once for a period of five years) the Arts Council will receive 210,9 million francs.
Funding instalments 2016-2020
- 2016: 39,9 million francs
(reduced to 38,8 million francs due to budget cutback)
- 2017: 40,9 million francs
(reduced to 40,1 million francs due to budget cutback)
- 2018: 42,3 million francs
(reduced to 40,3 million francs due to budget cutback)
- 2019: 43,2 million francs
- 2020: 44,6 million francs
87.6% of the CHF 36.6 million that Pro Helvetia spent in 2016 went directly to culture as follows
- 37,6% for activities within Switzerland
- 62,4% for activities abroad (39,6% in Europe)
(The calculation is based on the standards of the Zertifizierungsstelle für gemeinnützige Organisationen ZEWO).
- 4616 applications in 2016
- 52,2% approval rate
- minimum grant: ca 1000 francs (e.g. subsidy for travel expenses)
- maximum grant: ca 250,000 francs (e.g. large scale project involving several disciplines)
90 employees in Switzerland and abroad, 72,6 full-time positions.
Status as of May 2017; figures from 2016 annual report.