As part of its Message on Culture, every four years parliament allocates a global budget to Pro Helvetia. For the period 2021-2024 the Arts Council will receive 180,4 million francs.
Funding instalments 2020-2024
|2020||42,7 million francs (actual installment after budget cutback)
44,6 million francs *
|2021||43,0 million francs *|
|2022||44,2 million francs (actual installment after budget cutback)
44,3 million francs *
|2023||45,8 million francs *|
|2024||47,4 million francs *|
86,6% of the CHF 43,4 million that Pro Helvetia spent in 2020 went directly to culture as follows
- 43,2% for activities within Switzerland
- 56,8% for activities abroad (41,2% in Europe)
(The calculation is based on the standards of the Zertifizierungsstelle für gemeinnützige Organisationen ZEWO).
- 5798 applications in 2020
- 38,9% approval rate
- minimum grant: ca 1000 francs (e.g. subsidy for travel expenses)
- maximum grant: ca 250,000 francs (e.g. large scale project involving several disciplines)
111 employees in Switzerland and abroad, 79,2 full-time positions.
Figures from 2020 annual report.