As part of its message on culture, every four years parliament allocates a global budget to Pro Helvetia. For the period 2016-2020 the Arts Council will receive 210,9 million francs.
Funding instalments 2016-2020
- 2016: 39,9 million francs (reduced to 38,8 million francs due to budget cutback)
- 2017: 40,9 million francs
- 2018: 42,3 million francs
- 2019: 43,2 million francs
- 2020: 44,6 million francs
From Pro Helvetia’s total budget of more than 36,4 million francs in 2015, 86% was allocated to cultural projects as follows
- 37% for activities within Switzerland
- 63% for activities abroad (42% in Europe)
(The calculation is based on the standards of the Zertifizierungsstelle für gemeinnützige Organisationen ZEWO).
- about 3700 applications per year
- 52,3% approval rate
- minimum grant: ca 1000 francs (e.g. subsidy for travel expenses)
- maximum grant: ca 250,000 francs (e.g. large scale project involving several disciplines)
69 full-time positions, of which 25 abroad.
Status as of May 2016; figures from 2015 annual report.