Diversity: Event and/or work tool
An event (in-person, digital or hybrid) – such as a workshop or discussion series – that aims to break down barriers to accessibility and to increase equal opportunities in the cultural sector, and/or a practical work tool – such as a guide or checklist – for cultural institutions and organisations that promote diversity.
Cultural institutions and organisations
- Shows potential for structural change in the cultural sector
- A model event or tool that is transferable
- Project participants have expertise in diversity
- Implementation according to professional standards
- Open to the public
- Maximum grant of CHF 50,000. The grant may cover the following:
- For an event: a contribution the conception costs, fees for the invited diversity experts, a contribution towards the specific communication measures.
- For a work tool: a contribution towards the concept design costs (publisher) and a contribution towards the publication and/or translation costs.
Content Of Application
- Description of the planned event concept (incl. final programme with all invitees)
- Implementation plan
- Budget and financial plan (incl. information regarding all financial assistance requested from third parties)
- Current CVs of the event organisers and invitees
- In the case of an exclusively virtual event, a compelling national or international online strategy must be demonstrated.
- Additionally for a work tool: project description and PDF of the planned work tool
Format-specific Exclusion Criteria
- Grants towards infrastructure, equipment and operating costs, as well as maintenance costs in the case of a digital format
- Grants towards the presentation of artistic works (including exhibitions, performances, etc.)
- Grants towards an event with outreach and/or an event that promotes the cause
- Private event for an expert audience
Application Deadlines and Decision Timelines
|Funding requests up to CHF 25,000
|Funding requests over CHF 25’000
|Earliest start date for the project
|Eight weeks after submitting the application
|Four months after submitting the application
|Notification of decision
|Within eight weeks
|Within four months