Literary creation grant
Development of a project intended for publication (including digital formats) in the genres of fiction, children’s and youth literature, poetry, drama and spoken word
- Individuals and collectives
- Authors must have published at least one independent literary work with a publishing house that has professional structures or in a digital medium with editorial supervision.
- Playwrights must have had at least one premiere in a recognised venue.
- Spoken word authors must have proof that they have previously authored professional performances of national significance.
- Artistically independent, methodological approach and content-related relevance
- Impressive artistic form for the project and impact objective
- Coherent implementation concept and feasibility
- Maximum grant for a writing project: CHF 25,000
- Maximum grant for a performative literary project: CHF 15,000
Content Of Application
- CV and bibliography
- Project description
- Twenty pages of the planned text for fiction projects
- Fifteen poems for poetry projects
- Four to eight plates and a meaningful excerpt of the text for illustrated texts
- Five pages plus audio and/or video material for spoken-word projects
Format-specific Exclusion Criteria
- The project must be completed no earlier than nine months and no later than three years after the application closing date (manuscript submission)
- Performance projects may be realised no earlier than six months before and no later than two years after the application closing date
- Recipients of creation grants may only reapply for a creation grant after the project has been completed
- Rejected projects may not be resubmitted
Application Deadlines and Decision Timelines
|Applications can be submitted from
|1 January and 1 July
|1 March and 1 September
|Notification of decision
|Within four months after the application deadline
The applications will be assessed by a jury.