Calls for Applications
Submission deadline: 1 March 2020
Pro Helvetia promotes thematic projects with a view to fostering both the diversity and the national and international reach of such undertakings. It supports innovative cultural projects that stimulate discourse in Switzerland on current, socially and culturally relevant themes and are likely to provide fresh impetus. As a national foundation, Pro Helvetia complements the promotional activities of Switzerland’s cantons and municipalities and supports projects of transregional, national and international importance.
To qualify for support from Pro Helvetia, projects must
- have a clear connection with Switzerland;
- be of interest to Switzerland as a whole;
- be publicly accessible;
- be adequately co-funded by other public or private sponsors.
Criteria fulfilled? Below you will find an overview of what our Innovation & Society sector promotes.
What we support: Scope of promotion
Pro Helvetia supports projects and events on current, socially and culturally relevant themes in Switzerland and their dissemination throughout Switzerland and internationally.
Types of projects eligible for support:
- Thematic projects and events that provide a new and contemporary perspective on socially relevant cultural issues.;
- Second and third representations of outstanding Swiss projects on current, socially and culturally relevant themes that are prepared for dissemination to other language linguistic and cultural communities in Switzerland or abroad.
- The participation of outstanding artists and cultural professionals at international specialist events on themes and questions of current social and cultural relevance, which are also relevant for also for Switzerland as a whole.
Publications and translations
At the request of publishers, Pro Helvetia contributes to the costs of printing current, socially and culturally relevant publications on Switzerland written by outstanding Swiss authors.
At the request of Swiss or international publishers, Pro Helvetia contributes to covering the fees for translating current, socially and culturally relevant publications with a thematic reference to Switzerland.