We look forward to receiving your application by 22 October 2023.
Please send it to
It should include your CV and a motivation letter or video (approx. 90 seconds) in which you outline your connections with literature and with arts promotion, and your associated experience to date. Please also attach certificates of education and training (diplomas, etc.) and evidence of any practical experience (work confirmations and references).
Before applying, please read our Data Protection Policy.
Should you have any questions, please contact Patrizia Kettenbach at Human Resources (T +41 44 267 71 83).
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia employs around 110 staff members in Switzerland and various regions around the world who are dedicated to promoting Swiss arts and culture.
Through our activities we support cultural production in all its diversity. Equal employment opportunities and a diverse workforce are fundamental principles at Pro Helvetia. We promote professional equality with respect to all genders and lifestyles.
For our Literature division we are seeking, as of 1 February 2024 or by arrangement, a
Literature Intern for 6 to 9 months (60-80%)
What we offer
- Insights into the multilingual support and promotion activities of Pro Helvetia in the Literature division’s various areas of responsibility (e.g. promotion of translation, literature creation grants, presence at book fairs) from a national and international perspective
- Remuneration based on Federal administration guidelines: CHF 2’560 per month (for an 80% position) with a pro rata 13th monthly salary, 5 weeks holidays a year, good social security contributions (e.g. extra-mandatory child allowance)
- Pro rata contribution to a Swiss railway half fare card («Halbtax») or a GA travelcard («Generalabonnement»)
- Attractive work location in the heart of Zurich
- Neutral point of contact / advisory service for employees
- Willingness on the part of Pro Helvetia to remove barriers and make workplaces accessible
Your internship involves a combination of the following tasks
- Gradual acquisition of the ability to assess grant applications independently
- Correspondence with grant applicants
- Providing support in administrative processes
- Participating in divisional projects (planning, implementation and evaluation)
- Participating in the organisation of events, incl. networking events; taking part in literature sector events
- Co-coordinating promotional activities in connection with support measures
- Supporting the team in handling the call for applications process in the literature sector
- You have a Bachelors’ degree (ideally in connection with literature) or an equivalent qualification in the field of literature (e.g. apprenticeship in the book trade).
- You have experience in organisational and administrative work and an independent, structured and reliable manner of working.
- You are interested in the contemporary Swiss literary scene and contemporary cultural life in Switzerland in general as well as in cultural policy issues.
- You have the ability to communicate successfully orally in German or French and you are confident in writing in at least one of these languages (C1 level); additionally, you have a good knowledge of English and a second Swiss national language (B2 level).