Lisa Stadler, Communications
Tel. +41 44 267 71 51, firstname.lastname@example.org
This media release is issued jointly by the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, the cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Landschaft, Geneva, Ticino, Vaud and Zurich, as well as the cities of Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich and the municipality of Novazzano
20 April 2021
Several Swiss cities and cantons and the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia have awarded «Cooperative Funding Agreements» to 13 performing arts groups for the 2021–2023 period.
«Cooperative Funding Agreements» are a joint funding instrument of the cities, cantons and Pro Helvetia. Established in 2006 and continuously developed since, this targeted measure significantly consolidates the working situation of the selected groups. The three-year agreement provides a funding horizon and the flexibility needed to plan activities and develop new formats. By entering into the «Cooperative Funding Agreement», the funding bodies express their trust in the artistic and organisational quality and the potential appeal of the supported groups. Under the agreements, the cities and cantons support the groups’ operations, productions and other activities at local, regional and national level, while Pro Helvetia’s contribution backs their international activities. The 13 selected groups are characterised by high artistic quality, regular touring activities, international presence and connections, and a stable operational structure.
Particularly in the current difficult situation, multi-year funding proves to be an extremely important measure, enabling groups to pursue their artistic work and continue cultivating wide-reaching networks in terms of positioning and reach while adjusting to the prevailing circumstances.
The cantons, cities and Pro Helvetia have concluded funding agreements for 2021–2023 with the following groups:
- Alexandra Bachzetsis / All Exclusive; City and Canton of Zurich, Pro Helvetia
- Marco Berrettini / *Melk Prod.; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Cie Yan Duyvendak / Dreams Come True; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Compagnia Finzi Pasca; City of Lugano, Canton Ticino, Pro Helvetia
- Cindy Van Acker / Cie Greffe; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Cie Gilles Jobin; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Cie Ioannis Mandafounis; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Cie Tabea Martin; Cantons of Basel-Landschaft and Basel-Stadt, Pro Helvetia
- Massimo Furlan / Numero23Prod.; City of Lausanne, Canton Vaud, Pro Helvetia
- La Ribot; City and Canton of Geneva, Pro Helvetia
- Cie Philippe Saire; City of Lausanne, Canton Vaud, Pro Helvetia
- Compagnia Trickster-p; Municipality of Novazzano, City of Lugano, Canton Ticino, LAC Lugano Arte e Cultura, Pro Helvetia
- Martin Zimmermann / MZ Atelier; City and Canton of Zurich, Pro Helvetia