Switzerland: Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, Communication
Silvia Fleck | T +41 44 267 71 13 | email@example.com
Ines Flammarion | T +41 44 267 71 27 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Chantal Hirschi | T +41 44 267 71 65 | email@example.com
International: Pickles PR
Zeynep Seyhun | T +39 349 0034 359 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Swiss Pavilion at the 59th International Art Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia
20 April 2022, 2:30pm CEST
In person at the Swiss Pavilion, Giardini della Biennale in Venice
and live-streamed online at prohelvetia.ch/live
Accredit by Friday, 15 April 2022 specifying in person or online attendance via this form to receive confirmation.
Date and schedule
A presentation and roundtable discussion with the project team of «The Concert», Latifa Echakhch, Alexandre Babel, Francesco Stocchi, as well as Anne Weckström and Madeleine Schuppli from the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia.
Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 2:30pm CEST
- Introductory film (making-of «The Concert», interviews and installation views of the exhibition)
- Introduction to participants: Madeleine Schuppli, the project-team Latifa Echakhch, Alexandre Babel, Francesco Stocchi, as well as Anne Weckström.
- Round-table discussion with the project-team, moderated by Madeleine Schuppli
- Live Q&A (Questions taken live in the pavilion and via chat online. Questions can also be shared in advance, when accrediting.)
From 3:30pm CEST
- Individual interviews with the project-team (by appointment)
Swiss Pavilion, Giardini della Biennale, Venice; simultaneously live-streamed online.
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia appointed artist Latifa Echakhch to represent Switzerland at 2022 Biennale Arte. The project «The Concert» was conceived and realized in collaboration with percussionist and composer Alexandre Babel and curator Francesco Stocchi.
These are scenes of impermanence, of catharsis, with which installation artist Latifa Echakhch captivates visitors of the Swiss Pavilion at this year’s Venice Biennale, scenes that bring to the fore the cycle of life in a multi-layered and complex way. Most of the material used for the exhibition is itself part of a transformation, recycled from previous biennales.
Please note that accreditation to the Biennale Arte 2022 is required to attend the biennale and join the press conference in person. Accreditation deadline for media is 4 April 2022.
Accreditation can be obtained at this link.