Switzerland: Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, Communication
- German, Italian
Lisa Stadler | T +41 44 267 71 51 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ines Flammarion | T +41 44 267 71 27 | email@example.com
International: Pickles PR
Joseph Lamb | T + 44 743 224 5565 | firstname.lastname@example.org
«oræ – Experiences on the Border»
Swiss Pavilion at the 17th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia
20 May 2021, 2pm CEST
In person at the Swiss Pavilion, Giardini della Biennale in Venice and live-streamed online at prohelvetia.ch/live
Accredit by Friday, 14 May specifying in person or online attendance via this form to receive confirmation.
Date and schedule
A presentation and roundtable discussion with the project team of «oræ – Experiences on the Border», Fabrice Aragno, Mounir Ayoub, Vanessa Lacaille, Pierre Szczepski and commissioner, Madeleine Schuppli, Head of Visual Arts at the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia.
Thursday, 20 May 2021, 2pm CEST
- Introductory film (road tour on the border, interviews and installation views of the exhibition)
- Introduction to participants: Madeleine Schuppli, Head of Visual Arts at the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia and the project-team Fabrice Aragno, Mounir Ayoub, Vanessa Lacaille, Pierre Szczepski
- Round-table discussion with the project-team, moderated by Madeleine Schuppli
- Live Q&A (Questions taken live in the pavilion and via chat online. Questions can also be shared in advance, when accrediting.)
From 3pm CEST
- Individual interviews with the project-team (by appointment)
Swiss Pavilion, Giardini della Biennale, Venice; simultaneously live-streamed online
The exhibition in the Swiss Pavilion at the Biennale Architettura 2021 in Venice ties the physical reality of the Swiss border to its political and social issues, thus drawing up a new perception for these inhabited territories. The outbreak of the pandemic in the middle of the work process gave the project additional relevance.
Please note that accreditation to the Biennale Architettura 2021 is required to attend the biennale and join the press conference in person. Accreditation deadline for media is 8 May 2021. Accreditation can be obtained at this link: https://www.labiennale.org/en/architecture/2021/accreditation#press
For the current regulations concerning professional travel to Italy, please consult https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html