Swiss game studios get ready to take over San Francisco
This year Switzerland is represented by no less than 13 studios at the Game Developers Conference, the most important event in this field. The studios will present their newest works at Game Connection and GDC16. The selection highlights the quality and diversity of the current Swiss productions, with projects for mobile, tablet, pc and VR.
Two West-Switzerland studios - DNA and Apelab - are nominated for Development Awards at the Game Connection America, whereas Plug n’Play by Michael Frei and Mario von Rickenbach and Anshar Wars 2 by Oswe Games are in competition for the International Mobile Game Awards. Switzerland will also compete at GDC Pitch, with CtrlMovie (presenting their interactive movie Late Shift) and Apelab (pitching their VR narrative Sequenced).
Finally SOMNIACS (Birdly) and Mr. Whale's Game Service (Schlicht) won 2 of the 8 GDC Best in Play Awards.
The #SwissGames studios
Apelab (Sequenced / Gaze Interactive / Mnemonic)
Blindflug Studios (Project Earhart)
Capsule Games (Tower Offense)
Crown Adam (1,2 Cheer)
CtrlMovie (Late Shift)
Dacuda (3DSelfie Avatar)
DNA Studios (Tower of Babel)
Mr. Whale's Game Service (Schlicht)
N-Dream ( AirConsole )
Ozwe Games (Anshar Wars 2)
Team Niche (Niche - a genetics survival game)
Related Events and #SwissGames @ GDC
• March 14 – 16, 2016, Game Connection America 2016, AT&T Park
• March 15, 2016, International Mobile Gaming Awards, 111 Minna Gallery: Anshar Wars 2 by Ozwe Games and PLUG & PLAY by Etter Studio
• March 15, 2016, GDC European Pitch Night, swissnex San Francisco: Ozwe Games
• March 16 – 18, 2016, GDC Play, Moscone Convention Center, Hall D
• March 16, 2016, Opening Breakfast with #SwissGames Studios, GDC Play, Moscone Center, Hall D: kindly offered by the Swiss Business Hub
#Swissgames @ GDC 16 is initiated by the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, swissnex San Francisco and the Swiss Business Hub.